Friday, June 29, 2012

Building Mountains Out Of My Shoulders!

Today was a pretty good shoulder day for me. I woke up and as usual  I had my morning protein shake along with oatmeal and a banana (I forgot to add the banana slices into my shake so I just ate one). Then after an hour or so I took my pre-work out drink to get me a little more pumped at the gym today. Yesterday's leg day got me really tired and I woke up with sore legs.


As I got to the gym I went and filled up my water bottle (STAY HYDRATED!!). I drink at least a gallon of water in the gym. Then I proceeded to stretching especially during shoulder day. I've messed up my right shoulder and stretched a ligament a little to much and now I gotta live with it from what my physical therapist told me. So to avoid injury please stretch and warm up. So I stretched for 5 mins and proceeded to do rotator cuff warm up exercises with a 5lbs dumbbell. I usually do 2 sets of 15 reps.


After warming up I go straight to pumping the weights.


My first workout is Front Delt Raises. I do 3 sets of 12,10,8 reps. (Dumbbells)


Second exercise is Side Delt Raises. As above I do 3 sets of 12,10,8 reps.(Dumbbells)


Third I go to the Side Shoulder Raises Machine. I perform 4 sets of 15,12,10,8.


Fourth I work on traps and let my delts rest alittle. I do Dumbbell Shrugs. 3 sets of 15,12,12 


After that I go and do Shrugs with the smith machine. 3 sets of 15,12,10


Then back to delts. Bent-over delt raises with the cable machine.(Targets the rear delts). I do 3 sets of 12,10,8


For my final shoulder workout I did Military presses with dumbbells. I did 3 sets of 12,12,10


After all this I stretched a little more then went to abs. 


I used the ab crunch machine or bench (I forgot the name) and I did 3 sets of 30 crunches with 15lbs.(Make sure you breathe and contract or flex your abs while doing this.)


In all I had a pretty good workout tomorrow when I wake up I will feel it in my shoulders and traps. Make sure to also contract that muscle you are working on to hit those muscle fibers. Stay hydrated and stretch. (Sorry there is no pictures I'm still working on it. Just type in the exercise in google and it will generate pictures of how the exercise or machine looks like).





No comments:

Post a Comment