Thursday, June 28, 2012

Legs Day!!!! My energy is drained.

Today I worked on legs which I train the hardest out of my entire body and also requires a lot of energy. I woke up today and as always I make a protein shake with 2 scoops and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a couple of slices of bananas. I also took my tablets which is Fish oil and Vitamin C. I waited 2 hours and then made some oatmeal with another spoon of peanut butter mixed in to get my carbs and protein before I went to the gym since legs in my opinion is really demanding and require a lot of energy. As soon I got to the gym I stretched my entire body for about 5 mins and loosened my joints to prevent injury. Sorry in advance if the pics came out alittle small or blurry I'm just showing you what the machines look like.

My first exercise is Leg Extension I perform 4 sets of 15,15,12,10 reps
                                                              (LEG EXTENSION)
After this I do Leg Curls and perform the same amount of sets as leg extensions 4 sets of 15,15,12,10
Sorry I didn't get to take a picture of this machine because someone was already waiting to use the machine so I didn't want to bother but next time I'll have a pic.

Leg extensions and Leg curls are little warm up sets for the bigger and more demanding exercises. I use these two machines to warm up my hamstrings and quads as well as my knees.After I'm done with these two exercises I stretch for about 2 mins then move on.

My next exercise is Legs Presses. I perform 4 sets of 20,15,15,10
                                                                (LEG PRESSES)

Usually after this exercise my energy is gone. I do heavy weight on this machine but heavy enough for me to handle. Never do weights that your body cant handle or can't atleast perform 8 reps. Remember form is more important than weight.

After leg presses I go on to squats and execute 4 sets of 15,15,10,8 (SORRY NO PICTURE EITHER)
Usually after this exercise I take 2 minutes to rest due to it being really energy draining.Then I stretch alittle more because by this time my legs are sore and begin to tense up alittle.

After I stretch I go on to standing calf raises and perform 4 sets of 15,15,15,12
                                                                (STANDING LEG RAISES)

After this I go straight to lying leg curls and do 3 sets of 12,10,10
                                                            (LYING LEG CURLS)

Once I'm done with this exercise I stretch one final time and usually add alittle ab's workout in but today I went alittle heavy since I added more weight this week so I will make ab's up tomorrow after my shoulder's training. I came home and made a protein shake with banana slices to aid with recovery. Then while I made my shake I made two pieces of chicken breast. For dinner I am not sure yet.

But in all this is the workout I had today. Legs are a tough part to work on so make sure you have enough carbs to burn before working out and make sure you stretch,stretch,stretch!!! and as always rest between each set and workout and stay hydrated!!! If you have any questions just leave a comment and I'll be happy to help out.

                                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment