Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Very light and short leg day.

What's up everyone! Today I had a really short, simple and very light leg day. Since I had my back injury from deadlifting about 2-3 weeks ago I am limited in exercises that don't put any pressure or tension on my lower back. I would of loved to squat today but since squats does have an impact on the lower back, I will stay away from it for a month or so. I also wear a belt with every single workout I perform everyday. 

As always I began my training session with stretches. Legs are probably the most energy draining rigorous body part to train IN MY OPINION!. After a set of squats I just want to go home and sleep lol. You would also feel the pain when contracting which is what you want to feel when training. Good pain is blood rushing into that muscle as you put tension on it and squeeze it. You don't want to feel bad pain which is pain that feels like you are gonna break your legs or get tendinitis or bursitis. So to prevent injury make sure you stretch and warm those legs up.

Light leg day

  • Leg extension machine: 4 sets of 20,20,20,20 
  • Sitting leg curls: 4 sets of 20,20,20,15
  • Standing calf raises: 4 sets of 20,20,12,10
Like I said this was the shortest training session I had but atleast I got some type of training done for my legs. 20 min training session is better than sitting in the couch all day not doing shit. I also did a 10 min cardio session since I need to start burning some fat I am acquiring from bulking. 

PLEASE! always stretch and hydrate. Work your way up to heavier weights every week or so. Don't try to be Rambo and do to heavy. You must first master your posture/form then work your way up on getting your strength up and stabilizing the weight/equipment first before you go up on weights and adding power. So strengthen that muscle before working it to its maximum potential. You will reduce injury by alot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment