Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chest Day!

What's up everyone! Been a while since I've wrote on here. I've been busy at the gym either training hard or training with my clients ever since I got certified to personal train. I'm still in my bulking stage for maybe another 5 weeks depending on how I feel. I've reached 205 lbs and maybe want to gain another 5-7 lbs before I start my cutting stage. I plan on competing this year for Men's Physique so all b.s I pushed to the side and I'm just concentrating on my dreams. People can support me or they can hate and still watch me succeed. Life has been slowly going really great for me and I plan on sticking in the new road I've picked.

Today I went to the gym and trained chest. Today my edit lacked alot since I woke up extremely late in the day. I just drank a protein shake and a pre-work out and headed out the door. I stretched for maybe 3 mins before starting. My gym also have foam rollers!!!!. This thing cracks and releases pressure on my back and I use it everyday. I feel like a new person after I use the foam roller and I suggest people use it to help with a stiff back.  After stretching, I got my shaker cup and filled it with water and some BCAA's which is amino acids I use while I workout. 

Chest Routine:


  • Incline Dumbbell Presses: 15 reps of 95 lbs DB's (on each hand), 12 reps of 100 lbs DB's (each hand), 8 reps of 105 lbs DB's (on each hand), and 12 reps with 65lbs DB's which I concentrated on the NEGATIVE (going down with the weight) portion on the exercise.
  • Cable Chest Flys: 20 reps of 40 lbs each side, 15 reps of 50 lbs each hand, 15 reps of 60 lbs each side. 
  • Incline Press (Hammer strength looking machine): 2 sets of 15 reps. I used 80 lbs plates on each side.
  • Pec Dec Machine: 3 sets of 15. I used 150lbs and kept it like that for all sets.
I felt like I could have done more but my shoulder was bothering me so I decided to listen to my body since I leave my ego at the front entrance. After I was done with my chest workouts I did 4 sets of Hanging Leg Raises. I did 15 reps for each set.

                                                       Tips:



  • Make sure to always stretch before training! and always start with a warm up set.
  • Stay hydrated!
  • Always squeeze! (FLEX) the muscle you are working on. You want to feel the contraction on that muscle.
  • Listen to your body. If you feel like you're hurting in a bad way then just stop!

2 comments: