Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Killing Shoulders!

     What's up everyone! Today was a rainy day early in the morning and then turned to a pretty nice sunny day in the afternoon. I got up early today to go hit the gym since I'm off from work today. Even though it has been a month and a half or so of working where I work at, it has been a cool job as a personal trainer. I'm trying really hard to get into a really lean shape but with alittle mass. So I'm still bulking up for a couple more weeks till I feel like I've reached my targeted weight goal.                              
                                                             This is my current look



      Today was a shoulder day for me although I did add one or two extra body parts in the routine since I need to tweak a couple of parts. As always I started my training with foam rolling and stretching. After I got a good stretch, I started my body off with pull ups to get the blood running and warm myself up.

                                                                Shoulder Routine:

Seated Rear Delt Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 20,15,12 reps. I usually turn my hands in at the top of the exercise with the pinky pointing up so my rear delts feel it. ( I will soon add pics or a video on how to do this.)

Standing Side Dumbbell Delt Raises: 4 sets of 15,12,12,failure. Elbows will lead in the exercise not your arm!

Front Delt Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 15,12,10

Dumbbell Shrugs (Traps): 3 sets of 20,15,15 

Machine Military Presses: 3 sets of 15,20,15

Cable Chest Fly: 3 sets of 15,15,15. ( I went light today since I did chest already this week. I just wanted to touch up on the top inner part of the pecs)

Hanging Leg Raises (Abs): 4 sets of 16,16,16,16

             As you see I added a chest exercise into the routine. I wouldn't recommend it for most people since you want to let that part of the body rest for a couple of days after training it. Since I need it and I take supplements to help with recovery, I do it but with moderate weight. 

             Remember DIET!!! is a big role when it comes to how you look. If you don't watch what you eat or don't care then your body isn't gonna care either and will form into something you don't want to look like. Right now I am medium on protein and carbs. I still haven't counted my macro's (Calorie intake from protein,carbs,fats). I will start very soon especially when i start to cut down. I've got a scale that will measure my food so I can get a some what accurate reading on its nutritional value. 

                                                 This is what I'm eating while I was typing

                                      Sweet Potato with 3 mini corn on the cob with light butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment