Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Working on Lat's/Back

What's up everyone! Well today was back day and it actually went smooth. The gym was empty when I arrived so I didn't have to wait for any machines or worry about being crowed into a little space. I took my morning protein shake (I missed my breakfast which was going to be oatmeal but the shake should make up for it).  I took  a Fish oil and Vitamin C tablet also.

 I got to the gym and filled up my water bottle ( I drink atleast a gallon a day) and then I started of with my stretches. After stretching for about 2 mins I performed 15 pull-ups to get my blood running through my body. Then it was off to exercising.


My first workout was Lat Pulldowns I did 4 sets of 15,12,10 Dropset 10

Second exercise is Bent over rows with a T-Bar I did 3 sets of 15,12,8 

Next was Seated Row Machine I performed 3 sets of 12,10,8

Seated Cable Rows and I did 3 sets of 15,12,10

I used the Hammer Strength Back Pullover machine and did 3 sets of 12,10,8

Last was Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown I did 3 sets of 12,10,8


In all this was my workout for today I usually add bent over rows with a dumbbell but I'm going to switch it up every week to confuse my body. Doing the same exercise over and over and over your body will start to recognized your routine and soon or later you will hit a plateau which means your body basically hit a stage where is just stop growing. So you can workout out for weeks but then stop seeing results. To stop this you need to change up your routine and let your body keep guessing. 


Remember to stay hydrated and rest in between sets and push yourself while working out and do sets usually the last set to failure (till your muscle can't lift anymore).

NOTE::::: Dropset is a technique for continuing an exercise with a lower weight once muscle failure has been achieved at a higher weight. <--------- I got this from Wikipedia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment