Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rest Day!

Well today is Sunday and it's my day off from the gym. I need to let my body recover from the workout I did this week. Usually people take two days off but I usually add an extra day of just ab's and cardio so I consider that a partial day off since I really don't push myself that hard on this day. But rest is really important in aiding in muscle recovery and gains. During a workout your actually damaging muscle fibers. During recovery you let your muscles recover and repair promoting muscle growth. Make sure to maintain a proper diet. I'm not going to lie, right now I'm in my bulking stage and sometimes I sneak in dirty food but that's because of money situation and I'm on a budget and eat healthy can be alittle expensive (But I'm not telling you to eat dirty either this can ruin your routine and I'm in pretty good shape). But I always have my usual foods. Tuna fish, Sweet Potato, Chicken breast, Turkey breast and my veggies. I never cook any of my foods with oil unless it's coconut oil. Neither do I cook it with butter. Make sure to stay hydrated all day and just enjoy your day off and stretch out alittle bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment